Eric's life... now 1000% more stalkable!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Well, I visited the Hungarian restaurant today, since noone else was open. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, but left my 500$ camera and 200$ worth of memory in the restaurant. Fortunately, they kept it for me, but when I returned, I pulled it out of my pocket, and left it in the taxi. I suppose it was too big to carry in a pocket anyway. So, I've proceeded to call every "radio taxi" company in the phone book, but the likelyhood is that another passenger took the camera.

I remember the driver, Osvoldo Lubovitch (or some other last name). In our conversation, he mentioned his being jewish but not observant, and that his father was a Russian communist, and therefore he was fairly secular. I heard about his family, and we had a nice conversation.

Having lost this camera, I put it in a larger frame. Does losing nearly a week's pay really affect my life? The only thing that I truly lost was the ability to share the sights and dances that I am going to be enjoying on this trip. Due to that fact, I feel that in order to make the most of this trip, I am going to have to take more private lessons, for starters. After all, there's no point in videotaping things at the end, I just need to take notes on things I can improve on. It is imperative that I can return with the strongest sense of Argentina possible, and in order to do that, I will have to remember things vividly, experience things strongly, and learn the most that I can to help others when I return to the states. I feel that it is unfortunate, but such small things in life are only opportunities for growth, or at worst, speed bumps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home