Eric's life... now 1000% more stalkable!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Last night was rather interesting, Christmas and fireworks never went so well together. Or maybe not, considering the number of car alarms that went off from m80s.

I had my class with andres at 7 pm, and I noted that we went for an hour an a half, for 100 pesos, with his dance partner. For me, that's a ridiculously good value. Additionally, we traded music using my ipod, and I think we'll meet up again on Wendsday for another private.

After that, it took me about an hour to find a taxi from downtown, because all of the drivers were going home to visit their families. I eventually got lucky and found a cab stuck at an intersection that I conviced to give me a ride, but that was after it was determined that I wanted to go near where his home was.

I was walking around the neighborhood in Palermo, trying to find a place to eat, when I ran across a nice looking restaurant with an old gentleman who was the proprietor, sitting at the outside tables. He explained to me that he was there to help business, and I explained that I as around since Christmas isn't all that important to a jewish person anyway. Jorge eventually went on to tell me that he was a holocaust survivor from Dachau. He was a Hungarian who left for BA at the age of 20 (he's 80 now), and we had a long conversation (in Spanish) about secret jews in Hungary. It's pretty amazing to meet someone like that at all, much less in such a random fashion.

Dinner was Hungarian fare, with bitter eggs and fruit as the entre, goulash with gnocchi as the main course, and an orange parfait with a fluffy egg base and chocolate sauce for desert.

After my meal and conversation with Jorge was almost over, I met 3 guys from LA, who are here pretty much to party and nothing else. I'm going to get them to check out La Viruta I hope, and maybe tango in LA.

Oh, also, if you want a postcard, or know a good file sharing and picture sharing website, send me an e-mail at tinytransistor@gmail.com. I'd like to share some amazing video on top of my pics if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home