Eric's life... now 1000% more stalkable!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hi again everyone, welcome to my nightmare! *Eric puts up the horns and proceeds to headbang*

I've noticed that due to all kinds of random people knowing about this blog, I've kept it a bit bland, and rather factual. That, and perhaps I don't want this blog to turn into a black hole of time, who knows.

So, on to the weekend. I visited the big CO, Vail to be specific. I relaxed with the fam, and hit the slopes with Diane, who was visiting with my dad's friend Bruce. Here's a pic of me and Diane, she kept up well on the cruisers:



This pic reminds me of GI Joe somehow. It's like I'm the underwater guy, and Diane is the outdoors guy. Wow, that was amazingly random.









Today in the airport, I saw random Christmas carollers in period outfits:














Other than that, the story of the weekend was relax and get some homework done. I'm taking Wireless Electronic Systems at UCI, despite it not counting for any degree (M.S. taken care of already, BOOYAH!) and I kinda doubt it will be towards any possible PHD.

Oh, and I got to play with my Sony DSC-M1 this weekend. It's the only digital camera that also does good video compression, although my mom just dumped a rather nice video camera in my lap, which I think I might have to use for Buenos Aires.

And now for the slightly personal stuff: As far as next week goes, I'm excited. I'll be in St. Louis for a mini tango festival, so get in touch with me if you want to hook up for a brief while. Tera's family is being kind enough to host me, and things with us have been moving in completely new and interesting directions. Something about having to connect on the phone, across miles of distance, allowed me to open up deeper parts in our minds, and I feel that it's been good. I know we read each other's blogs, so here's a big hug for you dear:





(Mad props to google image search)






Tera's going to be visiting in January, and I am going to do my best to show her all that LA has to offer. Ok, and here's another personal, non factual idea:

I was reading the comic Lucifer, in which Lucifer is given a one time pass by the Lord to heaven. Lucifer instead uses it to create an opening in the void, and then he proceeds to make another universe, outside of creation. The idea that I thought about was that when people have really vivid fantasies, it creates its own universe or world. It could be that we can travel to it in our minds, and that that is the same as reality. When creation began and "Let there be light" brought about light, I thought about the power of fiat. The idea being that words are so important, they define our reality. With a world of our own creation, anything can be tried out, tried on. Anything that we desire can be possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home