Eric's life... now 1000% more stalkable!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Tuesday was rather interesting, I went to pick up a pair of shoes for Tera (since they had suede put on the bottoms) and to send my mom a pair via the mail that just got suede put on them.
I decided to look around, and nearby was esquina Carlos Gardel (shown below).



Off to the side, I found an antique shop. Here's what I picked out:

An antique painted fan
A maroon pair of women's gloves from the 1950's. A white pair of women's dress gloves from the 70's
A 1920s or earlier straw hat used by tangueros
A french surgery kit from the 50s perhaps
A replated silver serving dish from Argentina
A silver plated bronze fruit bowl, from England
A french voltmeter, with large face, from the 50s or earlier
A leather cased shoe maintenence kit
A french pen kit, 50s probably

At another store nearby, I got:
An orignal Carlos Gardel picture with music on the back
10 original RCA recording of D'arienzo
An Austrian sauce server, silver plated

The entire lot cost me about 600 pesos perhaps less (200 bucks).

The proprietor had a painting which looked a LOT like tigers that my aunt on my father's side used to paint, so here's a pic:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home