Eric's life... now 1000% more stalkable!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hello again, dear reader.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit my mom in Las Vegas, since she happened to be there for a medical conference. As an added bonus, a woman that I met a week before in tango was there for a seminar, and I suggested that we three get dinner together on Saturday. After a bit of phone tag, Jeanine had found a place for us to eat. We were going to be at her friend Bernard (a maitre d') who is pictured below, along with Jeanine's daughter, Chantal, on the right:

















Here's a pic of Me, Chantal, my mom, and Jeanine:

















Before this I had a couple hours at the MGM spa, which was cheap but very good. I can't express in words how much I enjoy steam saunas with eucalyptus oil.

The evening before, I saw Cirque du Soleil, Ka. It was definately worth every penny of the $125. I did chinese new year festival martial arts back at Washington University, and reviewed a lot of video in order to get ideas for martial arts. In doing so, I was exposed to Wushu, the acrobatic Chinese national art. I could tell a few people in Ka did Wushu since they were 5, and the production values on this show were through the roof. The entire stage was mobile using a HUGE robotic arm, and could be oriented pretty much any way in 3 dimensions. It was easily the best show I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home